Lockout labels are used to ensure the safe maintenance, servicing or overhaul of working machinery, plant and equipment. They can be used for mechanical, electrical, thermal, hydraulic and pneumatic lockout and isolation, providing clear indication to staff and service engineers of the need to power off equipment prior to servicing.
In addition to supporting safe servicing processes, lockout labels also provide vital information to prevent unauthorised energising of equipment. This prevents incidents which could lead to both minor and severe workplace injuries, or even fatalities.
In addition to ensuring electrical safety in the workplace, lockout labels also comply with the following legislation and regulations:
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulation 1998 (LOLER)
- Pressure Equipment Regulations 1999 (PER)
- Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 (PSSR)
More About Our Lockout Labels
Label Source's range of self adhesive lockout labels are high quality, and have the following features:
- Abrasion and chemical resistant
- Permanent bond adhesive, suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- High colour contrast for great visibility
- Legible, easy-to-understand safety information
Lockout labels are supplied in packs of 5, with each individual label measuring 50x100mm. Quantity price breaks are also available on these product, allowing you to save money if you would like to order a larger supply.
If you have any questions about our lockout labels, please feel free to get in touch with the Label Source team!