Buying Guide for Fire Fighting Equipment
There are several methods of extinguishing fires. From fire blankets to fire extinguishers, each one has its own benefits and specialised way in which it should be used. Whichever types of fire extinguisher you have, it’s important that anyone around knows which they are, and how to use them.
- For fires involving wood, paper and textiles, use a water, foam spray, ABC powder, or wet chemical fire extinguisher.
- For flammable liquids, use a foam fire extinguisher, ABC powder fire extinguisher or a carbon dioxide fire extinguisher.
- For electrical fires, use only a carbon dioxide fire extinguisher.
- For flammable gases, use only an ABC powder fire extinguisher.
- For cooking oils and fats, use only a wet chemical fire extinguisher.
Alternatively, fire blankets are designed specifically for smothering fires, and are therefore most suitable for kitchen fires.
We have fire extinguisher signs and other fire safety signage that will make it easy to tell which fire safety equipment to use in an emergency. Oftentimes, fires can result in power cuts, or signage being otherwise obscured. For this reason, we also provide photoluminescent signs for fire fighting equipment to meet safety regulations by making it easy to see safety signs at all times.
Our signs are available as rigid plastic or self-adhesive stickers depending on your need.